Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

MBA options in Silicon Valley

Contrary to popular belief, I think the choice of MBA schools in the Silicon Valley are limited. Here was my list that I had in mind:

1. Stanford GSB
2. Haas School of Business, Berkeley
3. Leavey School of Business, Santa Clara University
4. Graduate School of Management, UC Davis (Bay Area Program)
5. School of Management, USF
6. Wharton Program in San Francisco

There are others, but this was my list. I have some friends who did their MBA from Anderson, UCLA, but traveling every weekend to LA was a non-starter for me.

A full time MBA wasn't an option for me, ruling out Stanford. My desire to study with people of diverse backgrounds ruled out Leavey. I couldn't go to Wharton without burning a deep hole in my pocket, which left me with Berkeley and UC Davis.

I would have been thrilled to get into Berkeley, but my GMAT score wasn't ideal.

I am thrilled with UC Davis GSM admitting me into their program and had my first interaction with my potential classmates at dinner last week in San Francisco.

There is so much diversity in the students and I can't wait for the Fall quarter to kick-off.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger